Stative verbs worksheet - Exercises
By Viv Quarry (www.vivquarry.com)
Put the verb into the correct form. Use either the present simple or the present continuous.
1. Please don't make so much noise. I __________________ (study).
2. How many languages __________________ (Tom speak).
3. I __________________ (not/belong) to a political party.
4. Hurry! The bus __________________ (come). I __________________ (not/want) to miss it.
5. The River Nile __________________ (flow) into the Mediterranean.
6. The river __________________ (flow) very fast today much faster than usual.
7. __________________ (it/ever/snow) in India?
8. We usually __________________ (grow) vegetables in our garden, but this year we __________________ (not/grow) any.
9. A: Can you drive?
B: No, but I __________________ (learn). My father __________________ (teach) me.
10. You can borrow my umbrella. I __________________ (not/need) it at the moment.
11. (at a party) I usually __________________ (enjoy) parties but I __________________ (not/enjoy) this one very much.
12. George says he's 80- years old but I __________________ (not/believe) him.
13. Ron is in London at the moment. He __________________ (stay) at the Hilton Hotel. He usually __________________ (stay) at the Hilton Hotel when he's in London.
14. My parents __________________ (live) in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else. Where __________________ (your/parents/live)?
15. She __________________ (stay) with her sister at the moment, until she finds somewhere to live.
16. A: What __________________ (your father/do)?
B: He's a teacher, but he __________________ (not/work) at the moment.
17. What time __________________ (the banks/close) in Britain?
18. I don't understand the word 'aint'. What __________________ (it/mean)?
19. He is still ill but he __________________ (get/better) slowly.
20. The economic situation is already bad and it __________________ (get/worse).
Put the verb into the correct form. Use either the simple or the continuous forms.
21. I __________________ (just write) a cheque when I __________________ (remember) that I __________________ (have) nothing in the bank.
22. A: "I__________________ (see) you yesterday from the bus. Why __________________ (you use) a stick?"
B: "I __________________ (use) a stick because I__________________ (hurt) my leg that morning falling off a horse."
A: "Whose horse__________________ (you ride)?
23. The teacher__________________ (come) into the classroom unusually early and one of the boys who__________________ (smoke) a cigarette, __________________ (have) time to put it out, so he__________________ (throw) it into the desk and __________________ (hope) for the best.
A little later the teacher__________________ (notice) that smoke __________________ (rise) from the desk. "__________________ (you smoke) when I__________________ (come) in?" he__________________ (ask).
24. A: "Who__________________ (own) this umbrella?"
B: "I__________________ (not know). Everybody__________________ (use) it, but nobody__________________ (know) who__________________ (own) it.
25. A: "__________________ (you mind) if I__________________ (ask) you a question?"
B: "That__________________ (depend) on the question."
A: "It__________________ (concern) your brother."
B: "I__________________ (refuse) to answer any questions about my brother."
26. Look at that crowd. I__________________ (wonder) what they__________________ (wait) for.
27. This story is about a boy who__________________ (make) friends with a snake which he__________________ (find) in his garden.
28. That film__________________ (come) to the local cinema next week. I__________________ (expect) __________________ (you want) to see it?
29. A: "How__________________ (Peter get) on at school?"
B: "Very well. He__________________ (seem) to like the life.
30. A: "__________________ (you understand) what the lecturer__________________ (say)?"
B: "No, I__________________ (not understand) him at all".
31. He__________________ (never listen) to what you say. He__________________ (always think) about something else.
Stative verbs worksheet
Back to Grammar worksheets